February 23, 2015

2015 Oscars: All About that Fashion

I'm not going to pretend that I watch the Oscars for the movie nominations or to fill out the ballots and predict a winner. But I have no problem admitting that I tune into most awards shows for one thing, and one thing only: fashion. OK and maybe hair, makeup and the fabulous bling my favourite actresses get to wear. Once again, my girls Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Lopez and Anna Kendrick really brought their A-game this year and chose silhouettes that flattered them in all of the right places. 

I must say my favourite dress was the one Rosamund Pike wore. I mean come on! Red, bod-con, lace, and up-do, and strappy sandals. It doesn't get much more Oscar glam than that in my eyes.

Lastly, I thought really hard about this one and I think an Honourable Fashion Mention should go to Rita Ora. While I don't love the gold accents on her dress, I found the style of her dress was more Oscar worthy and formal than some of the other gowns we saw grace the red carpet. I mean, it was mermaid cut, and had a train. Need I say more?

Scroll down to see these totally fab gowns and the pretty little things that wore them and don't forget to tell us who your fashion hits and misses were, in the comments below.








*All images from US Weekly and ET.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails